Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Moments I will never forget

Tubing down the Sacramento River on Labor Day 1999 with 40,000 other drunken idiots
Dressing as Scary Spice for Holloween 1999
Peeing on the speakers of a reggae band at a house party
Trying to make out with a police horse on Holloween 2003
Whenever Na’Keia came up to Chico and how fucked up we would get
Graduating from Chico State May 23, 2004…thank you Jesus
The 1st time I was called a Nigger in August of 1999
When I realized that I would always be gay
The night I lost my virginity and how much I regret losing it
The first time I felt attractive
Initiation into my fraternity
How much life sucked when my cousins and I lived on 9th street by North Richmond
How much I hated my dad when my Mom and I lived with him
Thanksgiving talent shows
Being maced and then kicking my “Ex’s boyfriends” ass…shameful
The moment I realized all that my mom my has done for me.
The first time I got the Holy Ghost and the feeling of peace and relief I felt afterwards…thanks auntie Janelle.
Coming out to all of Chico via the school newspaper The Orion
Seeing my cousins Shenesha, Tiffani, Talaiyah, and Na’Keia graduate from college and the sense of pride I felt
The many moments of insanity I spent with Courtney and Carolyn
The first time my heart was broken
The first time I danced on stage
The moment I realized my self worth
The first time I tried to commit suicide and the feelings of hopelessness, sorrow and depression that I felt.
The moment I knew that my dad would never be in life June 11, 1999
Being introduced to the black gay community in 2004
Graduating from El Cerrito High School June 12, 1999
Dancing for MC Hammer
Winning Greek Man of the Year 2003 and Associated Students Commissioner of Multicultural Affairs 2001
Turning 21 and being half naked on top of a bar
Spending New Years 2003 with Mitzi, Erin and Rudy in LA
Coming out to my Mom on November 22, 2000
Seeing my Granny for the last time on December 1, 2002 and sitting next to my cousin Talaiyah at Granny’s funeral

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Lady_Sings_tha_blues said...

I just finished writing your request!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there were some good times and some bad times...the good thing is that i was there for alot of the good ones. most of them i remember, but some of them not-so-much.

jp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home