Friday, July 08, 2005

Take Care and Thanks For Coming

My mom and I have a lot in common. We both love to read trashy gossip newspaper/magazines, the movie Beaches with Bette Midler, Pillsbury crescent rolls and our dislike for company at our houses.

My mom hates to have people over at her house this includes her twin and me of all people. I have to call before I come to visit and most importantly I have to give her a time frame for how long I plan to stay. My mom doesn’t even try to hide the fact that she is annoyed by your presence. While in conversation my mom will slowly move towards the living room door. The next thing you know, the doors are wide open and my mom is telling you “well it was nice of you to stop by”. Next thing you know you’re standing outside wondering what the hell just happened.

My Auntie Sheila my mom’s twin is no better. My auntie Sheila lives by her caller ID. I can count on one hand the number of times she has answered the phone when I call her. Instead my she allows you to leave a message and if its important she will call you back saying “wsup muthafucka?” God I love her.

Now I will just come out and say I need you to leave if you come to my house. To date no one in my family have been over to my apartment and I have been living there since February. I like to think of my home as my own private sanctuary and it’s only big enough for me and sometimes my roommate. Unfortunately, this is my roommate’s first apartment and he lives to have people over. His brother who is over like everyday drives me up the fucking wall. He’s loud, smokes a ton of pot, and talks about the same shit all the fucking time. I’m almost at the point where I wanna stab myself in the ear with a fork when he starts to repeat one of his old, tired stories about wanting a man to take care of him…zzzzzzz. I’m fucking falling asleep just thinking about it.

I love my roommate and if none of his friends never ever came over I would probably live with him as long as I possibly could. But being that we are on separate pages about the issue of company I am looking forward to next year when our lease ends and I can move into my own guest-free apartment!

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi D,
This is KeshaMae again...you got me cracking up, because I remember Sheila cursing like a sailor. And I vaguely remember her really saying "Wsup muthafucka!" to Talaiyah! Oh, I am dying over here!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home