Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Deception and Sabotage

So once again I am faced with a dilemma and I have know idea what I should do. Once again I have a really nice man who is interested in me and for some reason the thought of going into a relationship with him does not feel right. Actually I know actually why I feel uneasy about going into a relationship with him. This guy is almost everything I could ask for as far as appearance goes but it’s his personality traits I can’t get past. He is really shy, quiet and very conservative and I don’t possess any of those traits. I always hear that opposites attract so one would think that we would compliment each other fairly well. But unfortunately this isn’t the case; well at least for me it isn’t the case. He can’t understand why I am often hesitant to go out on dates with him or I am overly cautious about what I say to him so I don’t lead him on. But for me I need a man who is more aggressive and knows or better yet wants to take charge of any situation we are in. In every aspect of my life I am the dominant or aggressive person and I accept this role whole-heartedly. But in a relationship I don’t want to be the aggressor I simply want to relax and go with the flow. Whenever I am with Mr. Man every decision has to be made by me and I simply cannot deal with indecisive man. What’s weird is that I think he is too nice a person for me to be in a relationship with. I need someone who will put me in place because often I loose myself or forget my home training and need someone to remind me and I don’t think Mr. Man has the heart to do this.

Sadly, I believe that everything I wrote above is bullshit and the truth is that I scared or feel that I am not worthy enough to have someone love me. So instead of just going with the flow I make up excuses for why things will never work and sabotage any possibility for a healthy relationship. I don’t think anyone in their right mind would actually complain about someone being to nice or good for them to be in love with. I am not saying that I am in love but I am saying that I believe that subconsciously we often refuse ourselves happiness by scaring away any man who could possibly love us and our many, many imperfections. I can’t help but to laugh as I make this observation and wonder what’s going on in my brain subconsciously. I majored in psychology and it’s fairly easy for my to take apart my thoughts and the thoughts of others and find the deeper meaning. But I still find it extremely odd that even when I know what I should be doing or I am supposed to feel that never really comes into play. Well I guess it’s time for me to have a self-love (not masturbation) and read a couple of self-help books! Things will most likely not work out between Mr. Man and I but I have to believe that the one is waiting for me and that it is just a matter of time until our paths cross.

...to be continued

Deception and Sabotage when be a series of postings on my relationship mishaps, drama, and feelings. The format will be a lot like my Random Thoughts series.

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! (responding to the love sabotage thing) We both need to shut up and get with the nice, boring ones not the keep, you guessing, trifling, but sexy ass hell for some strange reason ones! lol. Easier said-than-done right?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Lady_Sings_tha_blues said...

Girl I know what you are talking about. This is such a crazy situation but it keeps happening to me!

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Trash - I raised you better than that! If someone wants to love, honor and respect you - and get your Guche - then that's the one you need in your life. Okay he's boring - but maybe if you talk to him about it he can work some thangs out. I guess he's really letting you be the lady so sit back and enjoy. Let him cater to you. Let him love you. We all need a little reconditioning. If he's sweet and hot..you can't beat that with a bat. You'll know when ur ready to do the monogamous thing. Give it a try. I feel you. We can always psychoanalyze the next bitch (like I'm doing right now) but we can't fix our own. It takes work, patience, and an extra supply of knives and frying pans. Belive me - I know.

Love ya' Biotch - Mustang Sally

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Lady_Sings_tha_blues said...

Hey Sally,

I totally know what you are talking about. But after surviving so many horrible relationships its really hard to just let go and trust that a "good" man will do right by you. It's easier to be lonely and wish for a good man, than to have one and not know what his intentions are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home