Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Black Gay Slang

Tea – Getting the lowdown on what’s goin’ on.
Proper usage: Girl, what’s the tea?

Jackin’ – Giving 100% of your energy to dance
Proper usage: Bitch did you see Ms. Michelle jackin’ her heart out on the dance floor?

Guilda – Hair
Proper usage: Honey I need to go to the barber shop and get this Guilda cut ASAP.

Miss – A way to make something feminine.
Proper usage: I’m hella hungry I need to go to Miss Taco Bell and make a run for the border.

Sickening – An item that is so spectacular or fabulous that it makes people sick to even look at it.
Proper usage: Bitch her Gucci sunglasses, purse, and pumps were sickening.

Eyewear – Expensive designer sunglasses ONLY.
Proper usage: Girl her eyewear does not play what so ever!

Label Villain – Someone who only wears designer labels (Chanel, Gucci, Prada. Etc)
Proper usage: The Label Villain has arrived, now die bitches!

Pumps – Flashy or dressy shoes worn with sickening couture.
Proper usage: Monique do my pumps with the Versace blazer?

Couture – Any garment worn that is obviously top of the line and name brand
Proper usage: Honey, I only wear courture I believe that’s Old Navy on your back.

Die – To dismiss someone
Proper usage: Jimmy if you continue to give my those tired hook up lines you need to die.

Wearin me out! – The act of getting’ on someone’s nerves.
Proper usage: Girl, you are wearin’ me out coming outside without your guilda properly done.

Late – Someone or something that is old, bootsey, boring, through and needs to die.
Proper usage: I went to the club last night and it was late as ever. Those worn out pumps are hella late!

Ova – Top of the line couture. Beyond sickening.
Proper usage: Bitch those Chanel sunglasses are ova…girl let me borrow them!

Girl – A feminine gay man
Proper usage: Girl can you breath in those tight ass jeans???

Sister(s) – Your bestfriend or a pack of gay male friends.
Proper usage: Michael is my sister and I dare one of these late bitches to touch her.

Try or Tryiery (try-a-ry) – Being caddy or arguing with another girl.
Proper usage: Honey I wouldn’t let that late ass bitch try you like that. If she says one more word, beat her muthafuckin ass!

Mother – The gay man who took you under her wing and taught you about black gay culture.
Proper usage: Terrell is my mother he taught me everything I know about being gay.

Father – The masculine gay man who took you under his wing and taught you about black gay culture.
Proper usage: Maurice is my father he taught me everything I know about being gay.

Family – Referring to another gay man.
Proper usage: My gaydar keeps directing me towards Nick, I think he’s family.

Bird – Refers to the penis of a man.
Proper usage: Tasha, I heard Tyrone's bird is hella thick!

Cookies or Cakes– Refers to a man with a big ass
Proper usage: Damn Thomas has got cookies for days. Damn I would love to eat your cakes.

Chew – The act of having sex
Proper usage: David and I chewed last night it was late as ever. That will be my first and last time chewing his sorry ass.

Piece – Sex partner of a mostly one sided “relationship”.
Proper usage: Jacory is my piece I come over every so often to chew his ass out.

Trade – A masculine gay man who no one would think to be gay.
Proper usage: Girl, D’andre can pass for trade. No one would ever think he takes it up the ass every night.

Fish or Fishy – A real woman or extremely feminine gay man.
Proper usage: Girl I can’t stand how fish always thinks someone wants their sorry ass boyfriends.

Clock or Clocked – The Act of finding out information.
Proper usage: You know they clocked Jeremy last week at church. Girl now everyone knows about him being gay..

Cheer or Cheered – The act of having sex.
Proper usage: Hell yeah I cheered Dominic last night his bird is enormous!

Root – To steal.
Proper usage: Girl why was Ronald rooting at Miss Walmart and got caught?

Full - The act of being drunk in public or being drunk in general
Proper usage: I must have been hella full last nite. How else can I explain chewing with De'Shawn last nite?

Toot - To cumsume Cocaine.
Proper usage: You were off the hook last nite. Bitch you must have been tooted out of your mind!

Mug – The face of a gay man.
Proper usage: Girl I need to go home and paint my mug.

Paint – Make up
Proper usage: Girl as many zits as you have, you should gladly go home and paint that mug.

Come for me – An enemy trying to out do you.
Proper usage: That late ass bitch come for me! I would sooner die.

Shade – Ignoring someone.
Proper usage: Jerome does jimmy not like you? Because he gave you major shade by speaking to everyone but you.

No Shade – When someone misunderstands you said or did.
Proper usage: Girl I wasn’t giving you no shade. You took what I said out of context.

Giving me too much – The act of another girl saying shit that could cause you to kick her ass.
Proper usage: Sweetheart don’t give me too much! Bitch we’ll twist from here to kingdom come!

Twist or Twisting – To fight.
Proper usage: Rasheed, why did Donald and Jonte twist in Denny’s last night! Girl it was rooty tooty fresh and fruity all over the place.

Sweetheart – A name you call someone when you don’t like them. A negative term.
Proper usage: Sweetheart you must be tired because you are the lastest girl out on the Castro.

Ball – An event where homosexuals compete in various categories (runway walk, Label villain, school boy realness, etc)

House – A group of homosexual individuals designated to a certain “house” because of the physical features or attributes. Like a sorority for gay people. Examples are the House of Allure, The of Rodeo and The House of Extravaganza.

Mother or Father of the house – Someone who is in charge of a house and has won multiple ball categories and is usually a legend or icon.

Icon or Legend – Someone who is known nationwide for the style, personality, and fierce competitor style in and out of balls.

Grand – Someone is stylish and lives a lavish life.

...more to come.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative.. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home